Prater Compactors and Briquetters, available in either heavy or severe-duty versions are versatile and energy-efficient systems for compacting, densifying or briquetting your material. You can rest assured your final product will be in the size, shape and density that you require plus the the solubility and friability you may need.
The process utilizes counter-rotating rolls to densify materials with the application of pressure. Material is transported into the nip area between the rolls by a single or intermeshing multiple screwfeeder. Compression is achieved as the volume of material entering the nip area is squeezed through the rolls. This unique feeding system provides improved compression over competition.
Compacting requires smooth or corrugated press rolls to produce a sheet of densified material. This sheet may be granulated to your desired size. Briquetting utilizes the same principles but uses pocketed rolls to densify and form the material into a specific shape.
Prater Compactor Features:
- Unique design pre-compacts product prior to reaching nip area
- Compacts “off spec” fines into good product
- Turns over 90% of scrap or reject into usable/salable product
- Converts hazardous or nuisance dust into easier-to-handle forms
- Reduces volume of waste or excess product
- Resolves environmental or flow problems
- Easy Maintenance and Superior roll replacement flexibility
- Versatile roll and gap adjustments
|TS Series Coompactor/Briquetter General Data|
Min. – Max. (in)
– HEAVY DUTY –
– SEVERE DUTY –
|TS 10/20||6 in.
|1.5 – 5.25||10 Tons||20 Tons|
|TS 35/60||12 in.
|3 – 10.5||35 Tons||60 Tons|
|TS 80/140||18 in.
|4.5 – 15.75||80 Tons||140 Tons|
|TS 150/250||24 in.
|6 – 21||150 Tons||250 Tons|
|TS 230/380||30 in.
|7.5 – 26.25||230 Tons||380 Tons|
|TS 320/550||36 in.
|9 – 31.5||320 Tons||550 Tons|
|TS 460/750||42 in.
|10.5 – 36.75||460 Tons||750 Tons|
Our compactors are used throughout a wide variety of industries and across many applications, such as:
- Acrylic Resins
- Activated Carbon
- Aluminum Chips and Aluminum Chloride
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Animal Feed
- Asbestos Rock
- Barite Ore
- Brass Chips
- Calcined Dolomite
- Calcium Carbide and Calcium Carbonate
- Caustic Soda
- Cement Rock & Dust
- Chrome Ore
- Chromite Concentrates
- Clay and Kaolin (Filtered and Raw)
- Copper Concentrate and Copper Ore
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Dimethylterephthalate (DMT)
- Fertilizer and Fertilizer Spikes
- Fire Clay
- Flue Dust
- Garbage and Refuse
- Glass and Glass-Making Mixtures
- Iron Ore and Concentrates
- Lead, Lead Ore and Concentrates
- Lime and Lime Sludge
- Lithium Carbonate
- Magnesium Carbonates and Magnesium Oxide
- Magnanese Ore
- Metals and Metal Chips