Animal by Products
Packing House Wastes
The Prater Vibratory Screener is a heavy-duty, mechanical machine that separates particles into multiple size fractions, removes oversized particles or foreign material, removes fines from a process stream, or segregates excess liquid from finished products. It is quite versatile in its application and can be ideal for operational activities in the manufacturing of the following products:
- Bakery products
- Food manufacturing and mixing
- Mining and minerals
- Pet foods and pet products
- Renewable fuels
The Prater Vibratory Screener is designed so there are no dead areas along the screen surface. Vibration is isolated from the support framework ensuring smooth and quiet operation. Precise screen cut points enable exact sizing in the finished product. Finally, the vibrating screener is designed for low maintenance and requires minimal amounts of power and cost.
Distinctive features of the Prater Vibratory Screener include:
- Specially designed for a long lifespan and industrial-scale use
- One-, two-, or three-deck models are available
- Sizing capabilities from 6 inch to 20 mesh (840 microns)
- Positive eccentric action provides uniform distribution over the screening surface, enabling efficient separation of coarse-sized materials
- Customizable screen sizes and body design
- Optional base or suspended ceiling mounting
The Prater Vibratory Screener utilizes a vibrating deck that is attached to one or more screening elements. Each of the screens is used to segregate and capture a specific size fraction of the aggregate particle mixture. Screening efficiency is much greater when a vibratory enhancement is added to the sizing process.
The Prater Vibratory Screener uses a revolving eccentric motion generator that provides a circular motion with a vertical plane. High frequency coupled with a short amplitude (stroke) provides maximum screening efficiency.
We discuss rotation, amplitude, and pitch to explain the theory of operation better:
- Rotation. When operating (turning) in the forward direction (with the flow), all material moves downward gravitationally. With-flow rotation is used for capacity rather than high efficiency such as in scalping operations. When operating counter flow, the vibrator operates (turns) in a direction that is opposed to the particulate material’s normal downward flow. With counterflow, larger particles move down the screen faster, and smaller particles stay in contact with the screen longer, which adds to screening efficiency. As a practical point, the easiest way to change from flow to counter flow is to change the motor’s direction.
- Stroke or Amplitude. Prater Vibrating Screens have a unique way of adjusting the amount of vibration imparted to the screened product. The correct stroke setting allows for stratification of the particle mixture during operation, giving individual particles maximum contact with the screen cloth.
- Pitch or Downward Angle. The correct downward angle, an adjustable parameter on Prater units, ensures that the material flows across the entire screen area at a uniform rate.
The proper combination of flow direction, stroke, pitch, and screen cloth size maximizes efficiency and capacity. These parameters are usually optimized ahead of full operational mode by utilizing testing runs.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Let us know how we can help you with your size-classifying operations. We can customize our vibratory screener’s fabrication to meet the exact specifications required by your operational activities and product lines.
If there are specific features not found in our standard screener, we will design and fabricate the ideal solution for you. If you already own a Prater Vibratory Screener or other Prater product, and it needs any attention whatsoever, please contact us for immediate help and service.