The Prater Blow-Thru Rotary Airlock Valves are designed and manufactured specifically for applications that require discharging into a pneumatic conveying line. These Airlocks are ideal for free-flowing materials that require some assistance in clearing the rotor vane pockets.
The design of the Prater Blow-Thru Airlock makes installation possible in low headroom applications and retrofits of existing rotary valves. Also, like all Prater Rotary Airlock Valves, the blow through design features an innovative, larger vane pocket design. The larger rotary vane pockets allow up to 50% more volume which enables the rotor to run at lower speeds than other manufacturers’ rotary airlock and valve feeders which increases efficiency and equipment life. These features provide you with a blow through rotary airlock valve that has minimum air leakage, a longer life, less maintenance and a higher return on investment.
Other standard features such as a precision casting, CNC machining, compact design and universal mounting flanges allow for a versatile material handling rotary airlock valve product that can fit virtually every existing bolt hole pattern and replace any existing rotary valve. The Blow-Thru Rotary Airlock is available in 8”, 10” and 12” sizes.
Blow-Thru Rotary Airlock Valve Features
- Cast Iron Rotary valve Construction
- Universal flanges allows for custom drilled flanges to your pattern
- (2) Sealed outboard bearings – lubricated for life
- (2) Prater exclusive, Self-adjusting packing gland assemblies
- Eight-blade rotors standard (choice of speed)
- Sizes 8, 10 and 12 inches
Blow-Thru Rotary Airlock Valve Benefits
- Reduced Downtime and Maintenance costs
- Can operate in temperatures up to 1000°F
- Up to +/- 12 PSI pressure differential