The Prater Mega Hammer Mill is designed to fill the gap between our standard hammer mills and our fine grinders. The Mega Mill provides uniform grinding with minimal heat build-up. A unique cantilevered grinding rotor results in smooth, quiet operation that can be maintained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Prater’s Mega Mills run more efficiently and with less airflow than conventional hammer mills. Our proprietary fabrication results in reduced downtime, low maintenance, and minimal power requirements. You will obtain a higher quality material and an increase in your bottom line.
The Prater Mega Hammer Mill is ideal for the following materials and products:
Distinctive features of the Prater Mega Hammer Mill include:
- Heavy-duty fabrication designed for long life
- Unique cantilever rotor design coupled with large hinged doors for ease of maintenance and cleaning
- Easy removal of rotor and screens
- Dynamically balanced rotor assembly and precision built bearing assembly designed for smooth performance and long life
- A dust-tight design ideal for use in a pneumatic-conveyor system
- Maximum screen-to HP ratio ensures optimum capacity and uniform grinding with low heat buildup
- Multiple hammer styles and shapes for optimized processing of a wide variety of materials and products
- Strategically located interrupter plates amplify grinding action and allow for easy screen removal
The Prater Mega Mill works on the principle of impact to crush particles.. The Prater Mega Mill consists of a high-speed rotor with hammers fixed to support pins at their pivot point and equally spaced around the grinding chamber in a specific pattern. The rotor is supported by precision bearings, allowing the hammers to operate with very close tolerance to one or more screens fixed within the frame. Size reduction is created by the repeated impact from the hammers coupled with collisions as particles are accelerated against one another, the interrupter plates, and the screen surface.
Capacity and particle-size requirements can be regulated as needed by changing the size and number of holes in the screen, the tip speed of the hammers, the number and thickness of hammers, and the clearance between the hammers and the screens.
The accompanying diagram illustrates how the Prater Mega Hammer Mill, which is generally integrated with a pneumatic conveying system, can be smoothly integrated into your current operational setup:
We are Here To Help
Let us know how we can serve you. We can customize the fabrication of our mega hammer mill to fit your exact specifications. If there are specific features not found in our standard Mega Mill, we will design and build the ideal Mega Mill for you. If you already own a Prater mill or other product and need maintenance or additional attention, please connect with us for immediate service.
|MODEL||A||B||C||D||MOTOR HP||SCREEN AREA SQ. IN.|
*Do not use for engineering purposes. Please request a certified drawing for all layout or construction uses.