- Ultra close rotor/housing clearances for best seal
- Cast iron construction
- Heavy cast housing & end plates for maximum rigidity
- Maintenance-free inboard bearings
- Direct drive gear-motors (29 RPM)
- Sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch square
- Eight-blade rotors
- Configuration available for quick shipment
- Low height – easy retrofit into competitive airlock spaces
- Temperatures up to 300°F
- Up to +/- 3 PSI pressure differential
- Custom drilled flanges for customer’s pattern at no charge
- Beveled Rotor Tips – Increases operating efficiency by minimizing drag and horsepower.
- Motion Switch – A non-contact sensor that indicates loss of speed or zero speed, preventing damage to system components
- TEXP Motor – For use in hazardous environments.
- Flexible Rotor Tips – For handling stringy or fibrous products that cause conventional rotors to jamb
The Dust Collector Series rotary airlock valve is a budget-friendly, economical choice for general use under dust collectors, cyclones, and hoppers. The standard features on our Dust Collector Series rotary airlocks are typically found only on heavy-duty airlocks. Eight-blade rotors, precision machining, and rugged cast-iron housings all ensure an efficient operation from start to finish. The eight-blade rotor provides two additional tips to seal against air leakage while heavy cast iron housing and end plates ensure maximum rigidity. Our Dust Collector rotary airlock feeder valves can easily be configured for most application requirements. Since our rotary airlocks are designed with larger pockets, for up to 50% more volume, they can run at lower speeds. This ensures longer life, less maintenance, and a higher return on investment for your company. Prater understands that temperature plays a significant role in the operation of rotary airlocks, so we ensure that each of our products is carefully machined for actual operating temperature at no extra charge.
Other attractive features of the Dust Collector Rotary Airlock Valves include flanges that are custom-drilled for the customer’s pattern at no additional cost, true-sized openings for maximized flow and ultra-close rotor and housing clearances for the best seal possible. Additionally, these rotary airlocks are convenient for any processing application as the in-board bearings are maintenance-free. A low height ensures easy retrofitting into other manufacturers’ rotary airlock spaces. The Dust Collector rotary airlock can be used for low-temperature minimal pressure differential, dust applications that are not meant to feed product but instead act as an air seal.
Not Sure What Size Airlock You Need?
Try our Airlock Size Recommendation Tool: answer a few simple questions and we’ll provide a recommendation on what size airlock to use.