- Cast Iron Rotary valve Construction
- Ceramic Lined rotary valve body and end plates
- Square inlet & round outlet
- Universal flanges allow for custom drilled flanges to your pattern
- (2) Sealed outboard bearings – lubricated for life
- (2) Prater exclusive, Self-adjusting packing gland assemblies
- Eight-blade rotors standard (choice of speed)
- Sizes 6, 8,10,12,14 and 16 inch square
- Reduced Downtime and Maintenance costs
- Easily handles highly abrasive or corrosive products
- Temperatures up to 300°F
- Up to +/- 12 PSI pressure differential
- Stainless construction available
- Chain drive gear-motors
Our abrasion resistant rotary airlock is considered our most durable rotary valve and is your solution to rotary airlock valves that constantly wear out in high abrasive applications. Our special treatment processes allow our abrasion resistant rotary airlock valves to withstand even the most abrasive and corrosive products and applications. They achieve better performance with less maintenance than other rotary valves on the market.
Last Longer and Reduce Costs
Prater Abrasion Resistant Rotary Airlock Valve is the preferred choice for highly abrasive or corrosive products. The rotary airlock’s ceramic lined cast iron housing achieves better performance than airlocks made of solely of cast iron, stainless steel, or Ni-hard. The thick-wear layers of alumina ceramic coating throughout the airlock maintains the rotary valve’s precision tolerances and provide long wear life. Other features include an over-sized mounting flange, Heavy-duty outboard bearings, self-adjusting packing glands (a Prater Exclusive), and pre-drilled end plates for air purge.
The Ceramic Series Rotary Airlock ensures up to +/- 12 PSI pressure differential and up to 300°F. Constructed from either cast iron or stainless steel, the Ceramic Series valve is fully equipped with eight-blade rotors with your choice of speed and square sizes of 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 inches. Its heavy cast iron houses an over-sized mounting flange, heavy-duty outboard bearings, self-adjusting packing glands (a Prater exclusive) and pre-drilled end plates for superior air purge. Additionally, ceramic options include ceramic-lined endplates, ceramic-lined rotors, and tungsten carbide throat. Options include ceramic lined endplates, ceramic lined rotors, and tungsten carbide throat.
Prater ceramic airlocks reduce maintenance costs and help avoid losses in production, all the while achieving higher efficiency by holding our tighter tolerances longer. When heavy-duty just is not enough, our Ceramic Series is the proven solution to rotary airlocks that wear out in high-abrasive applications.