What is Toll Processing?
Toll processing is a particle size reduction and separation service offered by Prater Industries for companies needing product-market testing, emergency production, product development, or ongoing production for those who do not wish to undertake the financial commitment for equipment or labor.
Key features of Prater Testing and Tolling include:
- Testing supported by measurement of raw materials and processed goods utilizing the most recent methodologies available, including Malvern laser diffraction particle-size analysis
- Customers’ operational process is precisely reproduced to exact operating protocols
- Strict adherence to customers’ process goals
- Private labeling and repackaging is available
The Prater test lab represents a solid foundation upon which to serve our customers. Our global experience and the knowledge gained from our wide variety of products and services are combined with a high degree of personal attention to fully support the development of innovative, specifically tailored material size reduction, separation, and process solutions. We meet with our customers and mutually discuss their process goals to determine the appropriate equipment for meeting their objectives.
Prater testing and tolling equipment include:
- Rotary airlock valves
- Lump breakers
- Hammer mills
- Mega mills
- Fine grinders
- Classifier mills
- Centrifugal (Rotary) sifters
- Vibratory (Deck) screeners
- Air classifiers
In addition to Prater equipment, we have vibratory and screw feeders, shredders, explosion protection equipment, and dust collectors that give us the ability to simulate pneumatic production environments. Our analytical lab utilizes a variety of particle-analysis methods to verify our results and direct testing toward the customer’s stated needs. Our methods include standard screen analysis as well as modern laser diffraction analysis.
Prater’s Test/Toll Laboratory Offerings
We are pleased to offer service for the following:
- Coarse Grinding
- Fine Grinding
- Air Classification/ Fine Material Separation
- Delumping/ Product Conditioning
- Screening and Separation
- Compacting and Briquetting
In Addition To Size Reduction, We Can Provide:
The laboratory is equipped to perform moisture testing and manual or automatic laser size analysis on both ground and unground material.